Southwest Florida Kayak Angler's Association

It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Matlacha - 4/15
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:31 am 

Headed north from GCK about 10:00 am. Wind was already strong but I had promised Joe I would go out with him again before he had to leave town for a couple of months. Tide was just starting to come in but there was already a lot of water on the flats. For the most part we tucked behind islands as best we could while trying to fish the mangroves. Joe had a hookup on a good size red but lost it at the boat. I managed one snooklet on the day and I was happy for that. I had been looking at a big goose egg on the day.

Joe tried using his newly purchased wind sock to slow the wind from blowing his inflatable all over the place. Worked like a charm for him while I, in my Hobie, was not able get more than one cast into each promising mangrove overhang that I floated by.

Post subject: Re: Matlacha - 4/15
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:38 am 

Had the same issue coming back north on Friday, wind was spinning me around so fast, had little time to cast. Going downwind, with the lockable anchor trolley, at least I could keep the anchor to the stern, and as I moved, just pick up the anchor each time.