Southwest Florida Kayak Angler's Association

It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 3-14 Caloosahatchee
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:54 pm 

Went and tossed a Catch 2000 three times today for 30mins each. No action on it earlier in the day, but when I went out this evening, there were some jacks feeding on the mangroves across the canal from me.

I haven't used this lure before, so I was playing with it a bit to see how it looked as I retrieved/twitched/etc, and with 15 ft of line out, a 23in snook came up and grabbed onto it! Got him back in the water and he swam away, and shortly thereafter those jacks were sloppily striking at it. Couldn't get them to be accurate enough to eat it though, but it was a nice relaxing evening fishin' until the no-see-ums came out. I'll probably take a few minutes each day to go fish over there, I'll post here if I end up catchin' anything.

I'm mostly tossing that catch 2000, a suspended twitch bait, and my trusty top water, a super spook jr.

Post subject: Re: 3-14 Caloosahatchee
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:23 pm 

Went out again this morning with a Catch2000 suspended twitch bait. Caught a decent size lady fish, but she threw me before I could get to the seawall. Shortly therafter, caught a saltwater catfish on the catch2000...

Went back just now after work and caught another catfish on the catch2000... Came home and am changing my lure out before I go back. Two catfish is two too many.

Post subject: Re: 3-14 Caloosahatchee
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:55 pm 

If they were sail catfish, they will grab almost any lure and put up a good fight.

But, yes I would rather catch another fish even a few jacks are fun at times.