Southwest Florida Kayak Angler's Association

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: C-Tug Kayak Cart $75.00
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:03 am 

I used this kayak cart for my Malibu X-Factor, but when I sold and bought my Native Ultimate, the cart didnt work well with the hull of the Ultimate....hull was too flat. So its been sitting in my garage for at least a year.

When I used it with the X-Factor, it worked great, was nice and small, the wheels come off easy to store while fishing, and gripped the hull great.

Its in perfect working condition. Pictures are attached.

Price is 75.00 and is firm with cash only.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:40 am 

This is a great cart. I have the same one, and recently added the sand tires, which are better in soft areas.

New price for the cart with sand tires is $185. When I had my Ultimate, had the Ctug as well, and made an adapter out of closed cell foam and fiberglass cloth with West System Epoxy. Mounted it to the Ctug with wire ties, and felt if I changed boats, I could just cut the ties off, and use it as normal. You could use a number of means to build up the center of the cart to adapt to the Ultimate. It would be a shame to get rid of the Ctug.

Last edited by sailor144 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:51 am 

Since you have an Ultimate, you may be interested in the standing platform I made. The Ctug foam was left over from this job: I used 8" dia. half round foam pcs. epoxied together with a sheet of this ply, and sealed with cloth and West System. Covered the standing area with seadek.

I could also slide it up under the seat, and keep it out of the way, till I wanted to use it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:49 pm 

Thanks for posting those pics man, no sure if it was this site, but I saw these pics somewhere before when I was looking for a solution. Im still looking to get rid of the CTug however. I havent been out fishing in a year!! :( :( :(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:09 pm 

It was on this forum. Didn't know if you saw it or not. Hope you get out fishing soon.