It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Jackson bigrig
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:49 pm 

Congrats on the new rides and I'm sure they'll find the fish

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:55 am 
Pro Member

You'll start to really get pissed off when you see those fish before they spook and they won't take a lure.....Or when you've fan casted the area your drifting into just to spook a huge fish that your lure must have passed several times...Congrats on the ride, she's a beauty!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:44 pm 

IndianOutlaw wrote:
You'll start to really get pissed off when you see those fish before they spook and they won't take a lure.....Or when you've fan casted the area your drifting into just to spook a huge fish that your lure must have passed several times...Congrats on the ride, she's a beauty!

Hopefully I will get better at spotting them with practice and some clearer water. Estero bay is still pretty murky so I was seeing the mud puffs mostly. It was a little clearer at Matlacha yesterday and I did spot a couple of reds in the mudhole. Sanibel was fairly clear today on the outgoing but clouded up once the tide turned and the wind picked up.

I know what you mean about seeing fish that won't take anything though. I saw a bunch of tailing reds on Mon dropped a shrimp in the middle of them and nothing. I was in the middle of them for a good 45 minutes and not one hit. It was like they were taunting me with their tails.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:12 pm 
Pro Member

Redfish, sent you a PM, but it is not going through. How is the BigRig on the weight issues. I am waffling between the Coosa HD and the BR. I transport in a full size PU bed, so I wouldn't be hoisting it to a roof rack, and would have a cart for ground transport. Website shows 92# for the BR, without the seat. Do you think that is accurate?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:06 pm 

sailor144 wrote:
Redfish, sent you a PM, but it is not going through. How is the BigRig on the weight issues. I am waffling between the Coosa HD and the BR. I transport in a full size PU bed, so I wouldn't be hoisting it to a roof rack, and would have a cart for ground transport. Website shows 92# for the BR, without the seat. Do you think that is accurate?

Seems about right, I have car topped it 3 times so far not terrible and i'm sure it will get easier with practice. Once I get the bow up on top balanced ( jeep grand Cherokee ) I can walk to the back lift the back end and slide it on. You are never really lifting the weight of the whole thing. The Thule glide and set saddles help a lot.

My Viking I can carry to the waters edge without too much difficulty, the big rig because of it's width and extra weight I use the wheels.

After 3 outings with the big rig I think I am comfortable enough that I will be able to cast net from it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:35 am 
Pro Member

Decided to go with the Big Rig. Will post pics after my maiden voyage.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:26 am 

sailor144 wrote:
Decided to go with the Big Rig. Will post pics after my maiden voyage.

Nice, Silent sports outfitters up in Nakomis were good to deal with. Good luck with it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:47 am 
Pro Member

Finally received it, and will be building a cart to move it around and on to my Pick up tomorrow.
Really impressed by the fit and finish. I've owned Natives, Wildys, Current Designs, etc. This is by far the best.

If I find it's too much for me, I will post here for sale, and offer a good discount.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:48 pm 

Very nice, had mine for a few weeks now and am very happy with it. Just waiting on the new livewell and the rigging will be complete.

Handling the size and weight is an adjustment, I had to find the most efficient way to get it on the roof and I also use my C-tug more.

really looking forward to less windy days and my keys trips so I can stand up and sight fish more.