Southwest Florida Kayak Angler's Association

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:45 pm 
Pro Member

I hear you, but she had the opportunity to address length of leader from the rod tip, how to position, etc. Not till others chimed in, did she start to expand. Maybe she was trying to be funny. On a positive note, Bouncer was the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:01 am 

Bouncer is great... I used to fish with hime once in a while before his Dusky days. My Fa-in-law lived in N. Mia. Bch and I fished with hime every saturday with anothe guy who went to high school with Bouncer.. we'd stop by the B&T on B. Blvd and 163rd for ballyhoo's and many days Bouncer would be sitting on a stool with no charter for that day, and my friend would ask if he wanted to fish with us and he'd jump at the opportunity, was a really nice guy and knew how to catch fish..

Out of Haulover, catch live bait around the whistle bouy or cast net mullet in the InterCoastal on the way out, then start trolling.. taught us how to use kites, how to troll live'ies, and use wire line for king-fish.. Even today when offshore drifting for sailfish I always put out a special bait I call the Bouncer special, simple ballyhoo rig, that catches as many Sails as anything else. He's a wealth of knowledge, and funny too, I'm surprised he's still doing it.
We used to say if Bouncer is fishing in the Cut its Tarpon time.