Southwest Florida Kayak Angler's Association

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Pine Island in January
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:38 pm 

I’m new to the group. The last few winters I’ve fished out of North Naples/Bonita Springs in my Jackson Coosa HD. I may have an opportunity next January to fish out of Pine Island for a few weeks.
I’m looking for some advice on what part of the island to base out of for easiest/quickest access to kayak fishing waters. Also would be happy to hear any recommendations for 2-3 week rentals.

Thanks

JDK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:57 am 
Pro Member

When I lived on the east coast, I would use VRBO, and find good places on Pine Island, especially Bokeelia, and Pineland. Very reasonable, and close to numerous put ins for kayaks.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:20 pm 

I would focus on either St. James City, close to Pineland Marina, or Bokeelia. All three are great and the island is small enough that you can get to all three areas pretty fast.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:20 am 
Pro Member

gatorsean wrote:
I would focus on either St. James City, close to Pineland Marina, or Bokeelia. All three are great and the island is small enough that you can get to all three areas pretty fast.

Plus you can shoot east to Matlacha quickly for additional areas. Not to many places in Florida that have that many options.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:34 pm 

In Bokeelia, at the boat ramp at Barancas, they have fully equipped units for rent daily or weekly. I don't remember the rates, but by memory they were reasonable. You could launch at the ramp or a couple streets back Portobello Dr. there is a kayak launch at the end where Sea Tow is stationed. As an earlier poster stated, pineland, 2 launches down towards St. James city and there's always Matlacha. To me one of the best overall general areas there is to kayak fish. My favorite is Jug Creek.