Southwest Florida Kayak Angler's Association

It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New to site
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:53 am 

I am new to this site and fish in the Tampa Bay area. I have been fishing and kayaking for four years and looking to improve my fishing and kayaking skills but also explore new areas.

Post subject: Re: New to site
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:08 pm 

Herb,

Welcome to this group of kayak fishermen. I hope this forum site continues to stay active but that depends on whether folks are willing to take a bit of time out of their busy lives to participate.
You are in the Tampa area and you can see an example of total withering on the vine with paddle-fishing-com. The ample lady has really stopped singing there. If you know of anyone who has a complete copy of P-F.com "Destinations Page", I would like to contact them. I learned to kayak fish, self taught, in Tampa Bay but P-F.com helped alot.

This group is very friendly and many members seem willing to share info about when and where they fished. So, fire away with your questions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:28 am 

Hi Herb: Welcome to this forum. I started kayak fishing in SWFL just over two years ago with minimal to zero knowledge of flats fishing or the local waters. Many of the members of this group are more than willing to share information about locations and techniques; however, as Dick K stated previously, the value of the forum is dependent on the continued input and willingness of the participants to share. I have learned much from this forum over the past two years and have met several really good people. I hope you will have the same experiences I have had from this group.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:46 pm 
Lifer

Welcome, Herb!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:56 pm 

Hello everyone, I am new to this site and have been fishing and kayaking for 4 years now. I am fishing from the new Native Titan 10.5 as I decided to go from the paddle to the peddle, big difference. I am looking to expand my fishing region from just Tampa Bay but to Manatee and Sarasota Counties but have no idea where to launch from and those areas to stay away from. Any information would be greatly appreciated.