Southwest Florida Kayak Angler's Association

It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: AWESOME site!!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:00 am 

Just joined and was checking out the forum and Wow. Happy I found it. Am from Buffalo, NY and living and working in SE Pa for past 6-7 years. Been fishing great lakes and gulf on and off since I was little...in my late 50's now. Just started fishing Atlantic out of Delaware. New to Yak fishing and done a little in Delaware Bay when possible. Love SW Fla and am bringing my kayak over Thanksgiving.

Post subject: Re: AWESOME site!!!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:37 pm 

Welcome to SW Florida. Several places to launch for yak fishing in Lee county, depending where you live and how far you want to drive. You can learn a lot by scanning this site or go to the Salt Strong website to learn more than you need to know about Gulf inshore fishing. Be ware that Summer is tough around here but better fishing starts now. Always watch the tides and fish near the top. That's my opinion. see: localtides.net. I've lived here in Ft Myers 15 years and caught 90 percent of my inshore fish in 2 to 4 feet of water. I don't use a yak, I use a ultra light weight 13' canoe these days . I'm able to car-top it, even at my age. I sold my little flats boat two years ago. Best of luck,