Southwest Florida Kayak Angler's Association

It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New to Cape Coral
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:36 am 

Hey All,
Just wanted to take a second to say hello. The wife to be and I fell in love with the area over the years visiting family and after a little job hunting decided to take the plunge and move down from Vermont this month. Close to the first thing I had to do was get out on the water, I’m picking up my new-to-me Ride 135 next week. I’m new to kayak fishing but grew up on the water and can’t wait to get out. Would love to meet up with anyone heading out from the pine island/Matlacha area in the next couple weeks to get a crash course on the area.

Cheers and see you on the water!

Post subject: Re: New to Cape Coral
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:20 pm 

Welcome to the Forum. I moved to Cape Coral about 4.5 years ago and hadn't been fishing much since I was a child. I have learned an awful lot between the Forum and the Salt Strong website. I am not a member of their Insiders Club but do receive their free communications which have provide much valuable information. I fish the Pine Island/Matlacha area quite frequently. Should you see an old guy with a floppy hat on a grey Hobie, say Hello. I'd be happy to share with you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:33 pm 

Will do, John! If you see a confused looking guy in a camo green Ride, feel free to say hi! I’m getting married this weekend or I’d probably paddle out, going to shoot for the following weekend out of Pineland or Matlacha community park.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:19 pm 
Lifer

Welcome! Kayak fishing is one of the best ways to enjoy the area, Matlacha and Pine Island have lots of fishable waters accessable by kayak.

You'll have the advantage as you will stay in an area and fish it more thoroughly, move thru shallow areas boaters can't get thru, and fish a lot of water that doesn't see alot of fishing pressure.
Good luck and good fishing!