Southwest Florida Kayak Angler's Association

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:57 am 

Edit: Please see important update below.
I live on Blue Crab Circle on Pine Island. We have a boat launch about 50 feet from my place, with direct canal access to Pine Island Creek. Look on Google maps to see where I'm located if you haven't already been to my place.

If any of you would like to launch from here to fish the west side of Pine Island, around Little Pine Island, etc., you're welcome to do so pretty much any day or time. I've been limited in my paddling due to a shoulder injury that's taking forever to get better, so you won't have to worry about fitting to my schedule. You can come and go as you please.

For more info, send me a PM and I'll give you directions and some additional information.

If you're bringing a trailer, it's best if you let me know in advance. There's always room for one vehicle with a trailer, but if a second one ever shows up it will require a little bit of jockeying. Otherwise, there's plenty of parking for vehicles with rooftop carriers or pickups with kayaks in the bed.

You can post general questions here, of course.

Update: It's about 99% certain that I'll be moving at the end of October. So, if anyone wants to launch from here you should plan accordingly.

Last edited by EJ on Pine Island on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:17 pm 

Sounds good. Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:13 pm 

Thanks Ej! That's a very kind offer and great access

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:44 am 

Thanx EJ: Would love to take you up on your thoughtful offer when I can figure out how to pm. Regarding your shoulder, may be time to consider a "peddle" kayak.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:23 pm 

I sent you a PM, but right now it's just sitting in my outbox. Hopefully it will transmit before too long.

johnk wrote:
Thanx EJ: Would love to take you up on your thoughtful offer when I can figure out how to pm. Regarding your shoulder, may be time to consider a "peddle" kayak.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:32 am 

Thanks for the invitation, may have to take you up on that!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:14 am 

I strongly recommend trying this access lauch site. Although I did not have a very successful day yesterday, the water and scenery made for a nice paddle. I did see reds but could not get them to strike any of my presentations although I did have one, what appeared to be a large red, follow my gold spoon right up to my boat.

Thank you, EJ.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:56 am 

It was nice meeting you, John.

I've checked with a couple of my neighbors who fish this area regularly, and the consensus is that the past week or so has been pretty scratchy from mid-morning to mid-afternoon. One of my neighbors has had good luck with reds up around Indian Field. The area between the north end of Little Pine Island and Indian Field has produced mostly small trout. We've had juvenile tarpon right in the two canals on either side of Blue Crab Key condos. Another neighbor said he's surprised the fishing is off because last year at this time it was really productive. Hey, it's fishing...
One of my neighbors has been putting in about 4 a.m. lately and has been doing well fishing in the dark and working the lighted docks in the canals south of here, especially on snook.
I haven't had a report from anyone fishing south of my canal in Pine Island Creek during daylight hours. I also haven't been down to check the tide change at the entrance to the "hidden" bay, but I've watched slot-sized reds move through there on the incoming tide in the past. If it was legal to catch reds with a cast net I could have limited a bunch of times.

If I get any exciting reports from my neighbors I'll post them in this thread.

johnk wrote:
I strongly recommend trying this access lauch site. Although I did not have a very successful day yesterday, the water and scenery made for a nice paddle. I did see reds but could not get them to strike any of my presentations although I did have one, what appeared to be a large red, follow my gold spoon right up to my boat.

Thank you, EJ.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:38 pm 

Nice report. This makes me more and more anxious to get out but time is not permitting right now. Keep these awesome reports coming. Have an awesome weekend gents.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:49 am 

The PM system for this site seems to work a little bit erratically. I tried to reply to a PM yesterday but the message is still sitting in my outbox.
So, as an alternative, if anyone wants to contact me about launching their kayak from my place, you can send an e-mail to me at edstock707@gmail.com.