Southwest Florida Kayak Angler's Association

It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:11 am 

Just found this forum.

Recently moved to Cape Coral from Long Island, New York. Fish mainly saltwater.Haven't fished out of my kayak since August due to shoulder surgery, but ready to get back out again. So far only fished Matlacha.

I have an Eddyline Caribbean 14 equipped with a Torqueedo motor and fishfinder.

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:50 am 

Welcome to the Forum. I've been fishing the Matlacha/Pine Island area since moving to Cape Coral about 3 years ago. Snook, redfish and trout are the most prevalent game fish and offer a lot of fun action. I drive a sand colored Hobie Outback and usually try to get out once or twice a week, if the weather cooperates. If you see an old guy with a floppy hat out there, say "Hello".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:59 am 

johnk wrote:
Welcome to the Forum. I've been fishing the Matlacha/Pine Island area since moving to Cape Coral about 3 years ago. Snook, redfish and trout are the most prevalent game fish and offer a lot of fun action. I drive a sand colored Hobie Outback and usually try to get out once or twice a week, if the weather cooperates. If you see an old guy with a floppy hat out there, say "Hello".

Hey John,

I should start getting out there this week. Do you launch from the community park?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:21 am 

I sometimes launch out of the Community Park, however, when doing Matlacha Pass, I prefer to launch at Gulf Coast Kayak. Although their launch fee is $5.00, it has a good sand/shell bottom and there is someone usually there to help you with your yak if needed. The Park kayak launch is very muddy. You might also consider launching at Tropical Point, Bokeelia or Pineland on Pine Island.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:46 am 

johnk wrote:
I sometimes launch out of the Community Park, however, when doing Matlacha Pass, I prefer to launch at Gulf Coast Kayak. Although their launch fee is $5.00, it has a good sand/shell bottom and there is someone usually there to help you with your yak if needed. The Park kayak launch is very muddy. You might also consider launching at Tropical Point, Bokeelia or Pineland on Pine Island.

Yes, I've been considering those launch's as well.