Southwest Florida Kayak Angler's Association

It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Back in a yak
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 1:12 pm 

So I've been off the forum for a while and honestly out of kayak fishing for over a year now. My old kayak was narrow and uncomfortable. But that all changed this week. I went and bought myself a new kayak and took it out for the first time this morning. Now I'm back to being addicted to kayak fishing and I can see all my money leaving my bank account already. But I'm glad to be back. I'm off most weekends if anyone ever wants to fish with someone message me.

Post subject: Re: Back in a yak
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:46 am 

So Suspensful, tell us more about the new kayak !

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:40 pm 

Well I was going to post a pic but it keeps telling me that the file is too large and I'm not smart enough to make it smaller. But I bought a feel free lure 11.5 in green camo. Such a comfortable kayak to fish from.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:44 am 

Red,
I also live on the cape. Where do you fish?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:12 am 

SeeingRed wrote:
Well I was going to post a pic but it keeps telling me that the file is too large and I'm not smart enough to make it smaller. But I bought a feel free lure 11.5 in green camo. Such a comfortable kayak to fish from.

Best thing to do for posting pix is use a hosting site... I use one called postimage.org its free, so far but for years so was photo-bucket.. free til its not.
if you have cloud storage that may also work if they will give you a url link to the file.
Basically you sign-up, sign-in, setupa folder, upload.. you can set sizes when uploading I typically use 600x800 for posting but you can use full size images.. when the upload is complete it will display url links, select/copy the direct link address and the "Img" button here when creating a post... You can then use that same link to other sites.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:44 pm 

You prompted me to check on my Photobucket account. It was an old account that I did not use much but I really liked it as I could upload favorite photo and get a nice canvas print of it. Photobucket is now totally messed up and not worth trying to fathom. You cannot get thru half a page without a picture or video of Oprah Winfrey popping up. Maybe she now owns photo bucket?

Now, I will need to find another way to post photos to this kayak anglers site

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:12 am 

rak wrote:
You prompted me to check on my Photobucket account. It was an old account that I did not use much but I really liked it as I could upload favorite photo and get a nice canvas print of it. Photobucket is now totally messed up and not worth trying to fathom. You cannot get thru half a page without a picture or video of Oprah Winfrey popping up. Maybe she now owns photo bucket?

Now, I will need to find another way to post photos to this kayak anglers site

It's fully "for profit" now.. and if you look back to some of your old post where you uesd the links to post on a forum site the images are no longer displayed, as they link has been broken...