Southwest Florida Kayak Angler's Association

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:22 pm 

https://www.delawarepaddlesports.com/delaware-paddlesports-insulated-storage-bag-large/

I want to let you guys know of something I have been looking at for awhile and pulled the trigger on it a few seasons ago. Every since then, I have been completely happy with it. What I am referring to is a fish bag. I have owned two fish bags before this current one I now own. Both bags are the Native fish bag. Both bags are now in the garbage as they don't hold up very well for very long. I remember when I got both Native fish bags, they were both damaged after the first trip on the water. Each time I placed a fish in the bag, the fish would cut up the interior of the bag. Furthermore, the zipper would eventually rust. These bags are $150.00 each. I don't know what they are worth now but I do know to buy a quality bag it runs around $150 - $200 (sometimes more). The pricing on these things are just absolutely ridiculous!

One day at one of my BHP outings, I met this guy that had a fish bag that I had never seen before on his Native Slayer Propel (thanks Angel for the info on this bag). I inquired about it. After that trip, I immediately went home and found the bag online. After a little research, I purchased it. I have not been disappointed with this bag yet. Some of the points of this bag are:

1) The inside of the bag is much more durable than the Native bag and will still insulate your ice
2) The exterior of the bag is durable as well
3) There are two zippers instead of one (just in case, I always put a coat of WD-40 on the zippers to keep them lubricated)
4) The price is absolutely awesome! (I'll explain below)
5) The bag is larger than most bags

The cost of this bag is $90.00 and the shipping is a flat rate of $15.00. There is no tax as Delaware is a tax free state. Here is another cool thing about this price. If you put "TKF" in the promo section, you will get an additional 10% off. According to my calculations, the total cost of the bag with shipping would be $96.00. That's a great price for a awesome fish bag.

One last thing on this bag. There is a place you can put carabiners on to secure the bag to the yak (I have pad eyes to secure the carabiner to it from the bag) or it has a strap. There are plenty of options to choose from. Just to give you an idea of how big this bag is, I have had three king mackerel and four red snapper in this bag and it has held up. That is a lot of fish! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask or you can call me. 832-588-7091

In addition to the pics on Delaware Paddlesports web page, here are some others of the bag on the kayak:

Last edited by Yakety_Yak on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:02 am 

I have a bag similar shape to that one, but a tan colored outside I think some sort of rip stop nylon, then an insulated foil liner... similar size, but I've never used it..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:14 am 

krash wrote:
I have a bag similar shape to that one, but a tan colored outside I think some sort of rip stop nylon, then an insulated foil liner... similar size, but I've never used it..

The bag you are talking about is probably a Native fish bag. I have had two of those. The problem with the Native fish bag is that the foil liner in it rips very easily. The Delaware Paddlesports fish bags don't have that then foil liner in it. The bag is insulated differently and it's stronger on the inside, therefore, it will hold ice and keep your fish as fresh as any good fish bag will. Aside from the fact that this bag is very durable, it has a warranty. The odds are is that the bag will outlive the warranty before you can utilize it. If that's the case, that means you have a good bag. The other great feature is the price, very difficult to beat!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:33 pm 

I went to website. The outside seems to be a highly reflective silver colored material.Do you find that to be annoying in the bright sun of SWFL?
Thanks for the response.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:15 pm 

neophyte wrote:
I went to website. The outside seems to be a highly reflective silver colored material.Do you find that to be annoying in the bright sun of SWFL?
Thanks for the response.

When I first bought the bag and was about to take it out, I was curious on that as well. It turns out that it doesn't bother me at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:00 am 

The one I have is a CFS (Creative Feathers) bag, and would look like that if I turned it inside out.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:22 am 

krash wrote:
The one I have is a CFS (Creative Feathers) bag, and would look like that if I turned it inside out.

Thanks for the recommendation, Krash. I went to the websitte. It said they were not selling the bag anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:13 pm 

neophyte wrote:
krash wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation, Krash. I went to the websitte. It said they were not selling the bag anymore.

My son has the Native Ultimate rear fitting fish bag.

Not sure they even make them any more... mine has never been used.. I'd be willing to sell it for $50.00., local pickup only in Ft. Lauderdale.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:45 pm 

Too far for me. I’m on the west coast.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:06 am 

I've had it for a while... I took it out yesterday and looked, I was mistaken the foil insulation is not exposed on the inside, its same rip-stop nylon inside and out.
Has a small zipper on the small end and a large one on the big end to load fish.. I assume the small front zipper is for cleaning, hosing it out after use.
The Native rear compartment bag my son has is the one with the nylon out and foil exposed inside.

I'll be making the r/t to Tampa Sat/Sun... I could make a p stop on an i-75 exit, so long as its a quick easy on/off... Sunday on the way home would be easiest.